Thursday, March 05, 2009

Blessed Valentine's Day!


Sorry I couldn’t post this on V day itself as I had a small break up with my laptop, and then I had to take it to nice PC shop, then what we patched up again. These PC’s nah trust me they too need an equal pampering like your lovers. Since I love my laptop and when it broke up with me on V day I was really disheartened, but cupid didn’t wanted me to be upset , so cupid made it miraculous for me.
Now let me grab your attention to the world renowned day for lover’s i.e. Valentines Day. Even before the day starts there is much hype about this day, we can read lot about love in news papers, can see lot of advertisement in idiot box, can read lot of predictions and compatibility test of various zodiac signs etc.
In Shakespeare’s drama “Merchant of Venice “a character named Jessica says: “Love is blind and lovers cannot see the pretty follies that themselves commit.” Love was blind during Shakespeare’s time but not any more, today for youngsters like us love has become a commercialized thing. It’s really funny, but that’s the truth.
Well now let me tell you what was there in store for me on this special day.
14th Feb 2009: I woke up from my sweet dreams when I heard my cell phone ringing, “gosh my sister” I said as I saw her name flashing on the screen. I pressed the green button and she spoke from other side “before you leave from home just give me a call, I will be waiting for you near central secretariat metro station, okay! and please be on time” after saying that she banged the phone. Then I remembered, I had told her that I will be staying at her hostel for a day before leaving Delhi, during my Delhi visit. I got ready and reached at the metro station near to my uncle’s house and from there I had to take three metro trains to reach at my sister’s place.
As I reached metro station I could make out that it was V day, “there is really something special about this day”, I thought as I saw few youngsters carrying flowers, cards, a big smile and excitement on there face, but to my astonishment more than youngsters there were young married couples with there small babies and most of them were baby girls. “Strange, may be it’s week end that’s why?” I thought and walked towards the platform and waited there for the arrival of train. I was surrounded by young married couples carrying there babies. As I saw babies I had a strange feeling that all babies are looking at me then someone inside my skull screamed “Jinsy, you are crazy if you look at someone they will also look back at you even if they are babies” and I said “yeah true”. Next minute train arrived doors opened automatically and I stepped in manually, got a seat near the door itself, by luck. In metro’s you have to be lucky to get seat. Inside train there were lot of excited faces carrying flowers, gift etc. , lot of disheartened faces thinking about there lost loves and some expressionless faces , these faces are difficult one to understand , no one can guess whether they are happy or sad. Among all these people I could see 5-6 babies and all were looking happy “Babies love travelling, I guess” I thought.
After few min I heard the announcement “The next station is Kahmere gate, please change here for red line”. “Oh! I have to get down” I thought and got up from my seat. As soon as I got up one lady with a baby sat on my seat. I saw the baby, she was wearing light blue frock with lot of frills and had two milk teeth like bunny and I guess she might have been a year old. As soon as she saw me she started smiling showing her bunny teeth , I felt weird but then I too smiled back then I started gazing outside to see whether the platform has reached or not. Next second I could feel someone pulling my kurta I looked down it was same baby then I glanced at her again and gave a smile. Her mother took her hand from my kurta and tried to grab her attention to another kid nearby, but this baby girl she again started pulling my kurta and then she started giving flying kiss. This time I was totally confused, so I just tried to shake hands with her. By that time the train stopped and I got down, after getting down I looked at the baby again, I was wonderstruck to see her looking at me and waving hands and she was continuously smiling showing her bunny teeth. “Strange” I thought and moved towards another platform as I have to catch two more metro trains to reach at my sister’s place.
I got into another train to get down at Rajiv chowk, this time the train was very crowded and I wasn’t lucky enough to get seat, so I was standing and staring at the flashing board at the same time thinking about that baby and her innocent smile. My concentration broke, when I heard a baby crying. I looked at her, she was playing tantrums with her mother, she wanted to sit on the floor of train and her mother was trying hard to keep her on the seat. Finally she won and she got down from the seat. Next minute she came near me and started pulling my kurta. I was aghast and said “not again” and thought “Definitely, there is something wrong with my kurta, or these kids won’t pull it. It can mean only two things either these kids are fascinated with my kurta or they don’t want to see me in this kurta”. Like last time I gave her a smile, but she didn’t leave me she started playing with my kurta and started laughing, but this time no mothers came for my rescue. My destination arrived I got down and when I looked back I saw her waving her hand at me.
“Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time." I thought about these lines from Alchemist and moved forward to another platform, as I stepped down from the escalators I felt like someone grabbing my feet, I looked down and saw a small boy holding my leg then I turned back and saw his mother running towards me. She said “he is just 2 years old and see how naughty he is” and I said “yeah” then she took him and started walking away, but the boy turned back and gave a smile and waved his hand at me. I was happy and felt blessed and thought “babies are the angels send by God, and these angles have wished you Valentines Day. Happy Valentines’ Day, Jinsy”.
In the evening I took my bible and read the lines about love written in bible. It goes like this:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. [ 1 Corinthians 13:4-13]
An unconditional love is like that, i.e God’s love. Does this love exist among us??

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahhaa.. jinsyyy!!! u n writing abt kids?? tht s a surprise.. i wonder wht was in those kids heads whn they tried pulling ur kurta.. i m sure they might have thgt of u as some toy.. hhheee.. anyway it was a good experience u shared.

goks said...

not bad yaar..........

by the way did u ask the boy out??? :)

Saransh Jain said...

hey Jinsy, its a nice one i lyk it ..... ur way of expressing feelings is great !! :)

Ratish Kayrat said...

hmmmm....pretty interesting, but lotsa kids involved huh?? i'm sorry i lost the connection....

Jinsy John said...

hey!! he was jus 2yrs old how can i go out with him...:)


@ Ratish next time i will write sumthing whr u won't loose connection [:)]

Dhanya said...

I guess im a little late posting a comment.. But i cudnt resist.. This one had me laughing coz i can imagine how you wud be staring at the kids.. ;).. Neway way to go... Keep blogging!!